This year marks the 100th-year anniversary of the start of World War I, on July 28, 1914, when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. To commemorate the First World War’s centenary, photographer Peter Macdiarmid superimposed photographs from World War I onto photographs of the same modern-day locations in an altogether eerie depiction of the years that have passed.
Artist Samantha Keely Smith paints breathtaking abstract landscapes that resemble the swirling waters of the ocean. Using oil paint, enamel, and shellac, Smith builds up multiple translucent layers of color, alternating between soft brushstrokes and large, sweeping gestures to evoke crashing waves, surging tides, and stormy floods.
// Selected by Sunil
Friday Freebies: Collection of free CV templates!
- Hexagon Vita by Sven Kaiser - Download
- Resume by Ayoob Ullah - Download
- Resume by Abdullah Al Mamun - Download
- CV / Resume by Hadi Reda - Download
- Simple Resume by Jonny Evans - Download
- Resume by Georgian-Sorin Maxim - Download
- Creative Resume by Fernando Báez - Download
Have / know a freebie that you want to share? - Feel free to send it!
Stamp verso of a photo, late 19th century. Cabinet card of B. Facchinelli, photographer in Cairo. Printed by Eisenschiml & Wachtl, Vienna. Part of Ken and Jenny Jacobson Orientalist Photography Collection. Hi to the thegetty